Chemistry is an extremely fascinating topic. We all are encircled by chemistry. Whatever around us composes of atoms and particles including our bodies itself. We can see chemistry in our day-to-day activities; right from the creation of food in farms to cooking them in a kitchen, from a bike to a space rocket from phones to computers.
Steel made use of in buildings, polymers that make plastic bags, cellular phone batteries, photosynthesis, cleaning agents, garments, dyes and colours, drinks, etc., are some of the examples where chemistry is applied.
JC chemistry tuition classes help us to comprehend the surroundings we observe and experience. Today, chemistry has become a really varied topic with lots of fields. Contemporary chemistry can be categorised into the following fields.
It is a branch of Chemistry which deals with the research of inorganic substances. Inorganic substances are compounds which do not contain carbon-hydrogen bond. Inorganic compounds mainly located below the planet surface area: rocks and minerals, and others are produced in chemical industries.
Inorganic chemicals have applications in paint, pigment, coating, fertilizer, surfactant, disinfectant, solar power markets. The biggest inorganic chemicals generated on the planet are sulphuric acid, hydrogen, nitrogen, ammonia, chlorine, phosphorus pentaoxide, nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, sodium hydroxide.
Some of the areas in Inorganic chemistry are as follows:
- Coordination Chemistry: It includes the research of coordination complexes. Coordination complexes are composed of a centre atom generally a metal surrounded by ligands or complexing agent.
- Organometallic Chemistry: It is the study of organometallic compounds which consist of compounds having a metal-carbon-hydrogen bond (organometallic bond). This field is included in both natural as well as inorganic chemistry.
- Bioinorganic Chemistry: This covers the interplay of inorganic species like metals in cells and tissues.
- Solid-State Chemistry (or Material Chemistry): It is the research of properties, structures of solid-state phase. It is a part of Solid-State Physics.
Biochemistry is the field of scientific research that emphases on the study of chemical procedures inside the biological system. Biochemistry is a new field compare to the above branches of chemistry. Experts in this field of Chemistry are called Biochemist.
Biochemistry focusses on uses of chemistry to better comprehend biological systems like respiration, food digestion, cellular metabolic process etc. Biochemists deal with illness like cancer to develop better treatment; they additionally research molecular genes to improve genetics.
The essential areas of study in Biochemistry are as follows:
- Molecular Genetics: It involves the studies of genetics. It is directly related to genetic modification.
- Agricultural Biochemistry: It concentrates on the application of biochemistry to improve farming production.
- Molecular Biochemistry: It deals with the research of macromolecules like healthy proteins, membranes, enzymes, nucleic acids, amino acids, viruses and so on
- Medical Biochemistry: It is everything about conditions and relevant subjects.
- Immunochemistry: It is a branch of biochemistry that concerned with chemical reaction associated with the immune system.